If you're looking to buy health insurance for just your child then we can help. In the private health insurance field this is refered to as a child only policy.
A policy that only covers your child is a great way to protect your loved ones while keeping costs low because health insurance premiums typically increase with age so a healthly child is nearly always cheaper than a adult.
For most health insurance policies that cover just one child or even many children with no adults, the adult is normally added onto the policy but as the policy holder with no cover.
This is simply because a child can not enter into a contract before they are 18. So an adult over 18 is needed as the policy holder but with no cover.
If your child has pre-existing conditions or there are specific medical concerns you have then its always best to speak to a specialist medical insurance broker.
Even if your child is 100% healthy there are still many reasons why buying through a broker is a great choice. Let's explore of these reasons below...
- Did you know some insurers will give you discounts if you are of a professional occupation? Brokers will know which ones and how much.
- Do you want to add children to your policy? Some insurance providers will add them for free. A broker can tell you how many children you can add and which providers
- Do you have a sports hobby that may invalidate your insurance policy? Or even an occupation? A broker will know this vital information.
- If you are a couple and one of you have claimed on your insurance policy this year would it be cheap to separate you both onto two different insurance policies?
- You've developed a medical condition and want to know which health insurer offers the best cover for it. A broker will know this instantly saving you huge amounts of time and effort.
As you can medical insurance specialists will be able to give you excellent advice about private health insurance and how child only cover works. They'll make sure you get the health cover your child needs while keeping your premiums at an affordable level that suits you and your child.
Many brokers also have offers with medical insurers such a one or two months free, or a NCD (no claims discount) increase to lower your premium. Buying your policy through a medical insurance broker can actually be cheaper than buying it through the insurers themselves. Because brokers are paid up to 75% commission from the insurance providers when they sell you a policy they can often do what they call a commission sacrifice and give you some of the commission the insurer have paid them for your policy back to you in the form of a lower monthly premium or cash back direct into your bank account.
You can see there are advantages of using a broker and not really any disadvantages. So if you are looking for health insurance for just your child at a great rate that suits you please consider using a broker.