Health Insurance That Covers Bone Cancer Teenagers And Young Adults

A Buyers Guide To Health Insurance For Bone Cancer Teenagers And Young Adults

Posted by Greg Jones on January 24, 2020

If you've searched the internet for private medical insurance that covers bone cancer teenagers and young adults then you are most likely for looking for established UK based health insurance companies that will cover your bone cancer teenagers and young adults.

Our advice when shopping around for private medical cover that covers bone cancer teenagers and young adults is to speak to a insurance broker. Health insurance is extremely complex and if you want complete certainty that bone cancer teenagers and young adults is covered by your policy you should talk with a medical insurance broker who can explain which providers will cover this medical condition and which will exclude it.

There are many advantages to using a broker but the largest by far is that you're using their insurance training at no cost. They are paid by the insurer (Aviva or Bupa etc) rather than by you so it costs you no extra to use their services.

  • Do you live in many different postcodes? Some will give you a cheaper premium than offers. A insurance broker will be able to advise whats best.
  • Do you have a hobby that may invalidate your insurance claim? A broker will know this vital information.
  • If you are a couple and one of you has claimed on your policy this year would it be cheaper to separate you both onto two different policies?
  • You've developed a certain condition and want to know which insurer offers the largest amount of cover for it. A broker will know this instantly saving you huge amounts of time and effort.

You can call around every medical insurance provider on the market and ask if they cover bone cancer teenagers and young adults, however this will be a very time consuming process. Each insurer will ask for your medical history because its not normally a simple yes or not if a medical condition is covered or not.

Its far far quicker to speak to one medical insurance broker which will know which policy providers on the market cover bone cancer teenagers and young adults and under what terms they do or don't cover it.

Bone Cancer Teenagers And Young Adults Information

This section about bone cancer is for teenagers and young adults. There are different types of bone cancer, and most of this information applies to all types. If you have a rare type of bone cancer and want to know more, you could talk to Macmillan.

If you're looking for information about bone cancer in people of all ages, please see our general bone cancer section.

There are different types of bone cancer. The two most common bone cancers to affect teenagers are osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma.


Osteosarcomas are most likely to affect bones in the leg, especially around the knee joint, but they can affect any bone.

Ewing sarcoma

Ewing sarcoma can affect any bone, but it’s most common in the pelvis (which is made up of the tail bone and the two hip bones), or in leg bones. Ewing sarcoma can sometimes start outside the bone in the soft tissue. This is called soft tissue Ewing sarcoma, and is treated in the same way. Sarcoma is the name for a cancer that starts in any connective tissue, such as muscle, fat or cartilage.

In this information we sometimes use the term ‘bone tumour’. This means the same as bone cancer.

We don’t know what causes bone cancer. Because it’s more common in young people, doctors think that it may be linked to the changes that happen when bones are growing. There is lots of ongoing research into the possible causes.

People often think a knock or injury might have caused bone cancer, but there’s no evidence for this.

Remember that nothing you’ve done has caused the cancer.

Bone cancer symptoms vary, and not everyone will feel the same. Many symptoms are similar to everyday aches and pains, so they can be mistaken for other things, like strains, sports injuries or growing pains.

The main symptoms are:

There might also be other symptoms:

If you have any of these symptoms, or you are worried that you may have a bone tumour, you should get it checked by your GP. They can talk to you about your symptoms, and arrange tests if they feel they’re needed.