If you're looking to buy health insurance for someone else then please read our short guide here. We've broke it down into different types such as parents, partners (boyfriend/girlfriend) and siblings.
Can I buy health insurance for my parents?
Generally you can buy health insurance for your parents. However under GDPR you must state that you have consent to share their medically details and personal contact information. Please note that if you provde incorrect information to the insurance provider even in good faith then it may mean the policy provider rejects any claims.
Can I buy health insurance for my partner? (boyfriend / girlfriend)
Buying health insurance for your partner be it your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife is the same as buying health insurance for your parents. You simply have to state you have their consent to share their information and provide accurate medical history to the policy provider.
Can I buy health insurance for my siblings? (brother / sister)
And finally buying medical cover for your sibling, either your sister or brother is the same as above. Provide accurate medical history and state you have consent to share their contact details and medical history.
Would you like to know how to get the best medical cover for someone at the best rate? Our advice is to use a specialist medical insurance broker. Here are just a few reasons you should use a broker when buying medical insurance for anyone!
- If you are a couple and one of you have claimed on your insurance policy this year would it be cheap to separate you both onto two different insurance policies?
- Did you know some insurers will give you discounts if you are of a professional occupation? Brokers will know which ones and how much.
- Do you want to add children to your policy? Some insurance providers will add them for free. A broker can tell you how many children you can add and which providers
- Do you have a sports hobby that may invalidate your insurance policy? Or even an occupation? A broker will know this vital information.
- You've developed a medical condition and want to know which health insurer offers the best cover for it. A broker will know this instantly saving you huge amounts of time and effort.
You can see there are advantages of using a broker and not really any disadvantages. So if you are looking for health insurance for a loved family member or partner, be it sister, brother, child, husdband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend their expertise is simply invaluable.